Friday, September 5, 2008

More than one method to find satisfaction!

It is all good! I don't know how many of you out there are still reading this, but life has had multiple changes and lead to the ramifications of me dropping a goal that I was ardently pursuing for what seemed to be half a lifetime.

After listening to a few friends' advice, it was decided that the absolute and best option was to simply give up. Love is not true when it's forced, even though I somewhat believe in what a good friend once said: "Any two people can be together, it just depends on the circumstances that they met in"... so I guess I just screwed up bad, huh?

Even though the decision has been made, walking the walk is definitely a lot harder than talking the talk. To not seem like a snob and also retain whatever friendship was left, I had to suppress a lot of feelings which were internally warring with my consciousness. The hypothetical battle between brain and heart threw me into an ocean of chaos. At times I would feel like not letting go because I kept thinking back to the magical moments in the past, but another part forces me to look ahead and keep telling myself that "I can do better".

And then there was last night, which to my surprise, was a night of enjoyment despite my constant restraint of myself. I see myself as a utility friend for the most part, so I should really stay that way. Hence, I decided to keep maximum distance away as well as not even once glancing or looking at her. I, like every other man in the world wouldn't mind looking at pretty women when they're all dressed up fancy, but I don't know if it really is just me or not... I feel really uneasy and uncomfortable when girls are so scantily dressed like that. Sure, they are sexy and attractive, but my brain is so screwed up that it almost feels IMMORAL to look at girls when they're that pretty...

Pretty much that summed up the first and foremost weakness of mine... and in the situation of balls or prom nights, another weakness of mine is somewhat apparent... I just simply don't know how to dance, or maybe the music that was being played varied too much... or maybe I'm too worried or stressed about how people would judge me on my 'physical ability'. I was never good at anything physical, hence why I ended up being one of the more academic type people of society... I suspect the ladies all had like dance classes in the past... but I really have had absolutely no training of any sort... the other guys knew how to move, they moved smooth and they feel confident, whereas I just simply don't. If the music was slower or maybe if I knew the music then I could possibly sing along to it, which would make me look less like a fool. Either way, I really don't think dancing is the thing for me.

Girls chisel down my confidence. The topic of dancing causes my confidence drop. The dance floor feels like a high gravity zone. With all those combined, I emerge as a statue.

I don't know whether or not what I did had hurt anyone directly or indirectly, but I believed in myself to have done the right thing last night. Keeping self-respect, maintaining self-control and exerting sufficient pressure to not be consumed into anything even though I had quite a bit to drink. I wasn't snobbing, I wasn't ignoring, I was just exerting self-control. Please don't hate me for doing that, because you probably don't understand how hard it was for me to control myself.

I don't know if I have the authority or credit to claim this, but I believe I am the type of person who has the strong enough mentality will be able to block out any kind of sexual or lustful temptation or distractions in life. So hopefully I won't be committing adultery or get caught "cheating" on anyone :P. Maybe I should go become a monk...

5 comments:

solace said...

*claps*

Ritzy said...

my suggestion to your last paragraph is 'run'.

Don't even attempt to fight temptation.. look away..walk away..no distractions =] don't give it a chance

lol. i dont like looking at girls in dresses either =P

Sam said...

DON'T WORRY VINCE, IN MY EYES (AND SOME OTHER PEOPLES) WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU AS THE TRUE PIMPMASTA!!! WE LOVE YOU SON!!!!

Btw, u never replied to my SMS >.>

vincema said...

i did reply to your first one but not the 2nd one about farming gold

Feng said...

are you saying I'm not sexy? You don't hesitate looking at me!OAO

LOL DW JUST KIDDING! Don't answer that... seriously, don't... LOL my self-esteem is pretty low as well. *pat pat* I can't dance either.

BUT y'know what? I dance anyway! Sure, I'm self-conscious but I have my beautiful buds dancing along with me, making a hoard of moving bodies, hiding each others unco-ness! It's gooood