Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pre-exam procrastination

OKAAAAAAAAY!

Well today is a Tuesday so I'll start off by saying BADMINTON IS FUN!
I really musn't forget it haha, but with most things they tend to lose its spark or fun after a while (or at least not as noticeable).

I've still got much to learn (sorry Gimher sensei =[ ) but I guess practice shall make perfect!
Funny how I don't really feel much guilt anymore by overplaying the courts like crazy... $13.60 for 3 hours LOL... gawd we are ripping off Monash Sports so much!
It's not news that I suck at sports but I kinda feel bad for whoever gets me as teammate :P (we had to use "black or white" to determine teams and the other person usually sighed or swore when he got paired with me)

As per normal badminton day, I got smashed somewhere in my body with brutal force. This time the shuttle decided to crash land onto the middle bridge of my glasses... GOOD THING FOR STEEL FRAMES! (I am IRON MAN RAWR, ok maybe not)

Too bad the shuttles that my dad brought back from HK sucked :( oh well I guess those can be for smash practice.

After baddy, went home to shower/eat lunch/rest... until 4 pm then started studying again -_- sigh I really am getting too lazy. Can't even concentrate for a solid hour of study anymore.

Facebooked a little... and then I dunno, now I'm stuck blogging?

FIT2001 - Systems Analysis and Design seems to be harder than I thought -_-... so much reading *sigh*

Neways it's depressing how suddenly without any reason certain people can seem so far away.
Similarly, events in life can change so fast and that applies to people too.

I'm not too into publicizing about my life matters too much, but my grandfather has become very ill in a very short time frame in Hong Kong. That's kinda the main reason why my dad went back, to visit him while he still has a concious mind. 6 months ago when I was still enjoying my holiday in Hong Kong I remember him as an old but strong man who's dedication and persistence I admired. Back then he was still working as a bus driver for school excursions nearly every day. 6 months later he ends up having to stay in bed for the majority of the day, only able to stay awake for 5 hours or so and can't even walk more than 500 metres. :(

It's strange because I've never lost a grandparent before, hence I don't know how to feel. Is it normal for grandparents to pass away this soon? I always thought that they would be able to watch me graduate and get married. Maybe my thinking is too farfetched and fanciful. After thinking about this I kinda want to be married early, since that would mean that my dad will be able to watch another generation mature.

All this thinking is doing me no good ><><

Fare thee well readers, till next time!

3 comments:

Ritzy said...

eek..hope ya grandparent is okay ><
losing memories is so painful XD

[on the side_
GO STUDY VINCENT you can do it!
>< i would rather you be my badminton partner.. humorous player =]

Feng said...

I don't mind being on your team in badminton!:D (Probably because you're the one who has to suffer an incompetent teammate in that case...) maaaa~ Badminton is fun!^_^

Good luck with studies, Vincent! Hope you find motivation to study and don't procrastinate too much... though it's hard.... SHINJITERU?!

I also hope that your grandfather will get better soon.. don't give up hope!

Pierre said...

GOODLUCK VINCE!! I JUST DID MY EXAM, WE'RE ALMOST AT THE END OF SEMESTER1 !!!! MOERUUUUUU~~~~

Hope your grandfather will recover, I know what it's like to lose a grandparent, even two. It's sad and sometimes tears just force out, but atm. Don't get distracted although it is a harsh thing to say. Try concentrate on whats ahead of you right now and worry after.

P.S. Facebook is fun LOL!